Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's Time To TRY

In hopes of spreading, not only the word of my training goals, but also something of far more importance: the concept of TRYING, I am offering t-shirts for sale to help propel these dreams of mine.

I am currently piled up with paperwork and processing to establish a non-profit for this new journey. I am accruing a multitude of expenses ranging from flights to swim meets, training gear, and various other items that strangely add up to a lot.

So here is the chance to help me foster a simple, yet not very well practiced, concept: TRYING.

The word TRY is a short syllable of a word, with a long and extensive meaning to me. The world is full of opportunity and disappointment; however, if you give it your all, you will succeed every single time. It is only now that I am truly understanding the meaning behind TRYING. All along, I thought I had been giving it my all, when I had just been too afraid to pursue anything whole-heartedly... until now.

Swimming has always been a part of my life, in one way or another. Swimming was something that I learned before learning basic words of speech or the movement of crawling. Swimming was something that gave me normalcy and a life back after a tragic car accident. Swimming was something that got me out of my wheelchair, yet still being able to move places.

Swimming IS something that can prove to me that in TRYING comes success.

I have never fully believed this within me until now. I am stronger than I ever have been, both physically and mentally. I am ready to prove all of my inspirations true and can't wait to share them with the world.

Please spread the word. TRY.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." --George Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment