Monday, September 13, 2010

The Heart of the Matter

Sometimes all you need is a little heart to get the job done.

Without a lot of planning or advertising, the quaint fundraiser at the park was a complete success! This event was a perfect beginning to what, I hope, will be a long journey ahead of me. The encouragement felt from my friends, peers, family, community, and every heart in between tells me that I'm doing something right.

While swimming this morning, I spent the entire workout focusing on each and every person that extended their support yesterday. I reflected upon smiles and hugs and words of wisdom and the song of support. What powerful motivation!

Just now this journey has become so much bigger and wilder. It is already gone far beyond the actual sport and my own heart. This journey is sure to take me places and I am now ever-aware that it will take others places too.

I just hope everyone is ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment